Friday, July 27, 2012

Time to Post

IT'S TIME TO WRITE!

Now that your blog is set up, it is time to post.  The first time you post, it may take a while but the more you post, the faster you will become.  When you get to your dashboard, you simply need to click on the orange box with the pencil (posted above).

After you click on it, you will see a box like the one posted below.

I will not spend a lot of time on this post because I feel like most of it is self explanatory. On the left of the orange "Publish" box, is where you will write title for your post.  I mentioned in an earlier post that on my school blog my title posts are simple, "Week 3 in Review".  You can put any title you would like or you can leave it blank and the date will be your title.

You will type in the large box.  Above the box you will see icons like you would see on most computers (bold, italics, underline, flush left/ center/ right etc...). You can change your text size but clicking on the T box.  Play around here to familiarize yourself with the icons.

ADDING PICTURES

To add pictures you will need to click on the icon of the picture (to the right of the LINK icon). To upload pictures you click where it says, "Choose Files".  Upload all the pictures you will want to use for your post (if you find you need another later, don't worry... you can upload more).  When you are ready to add a picture select the picture (which will highlight it in blue) and click "Add Selected".
When you add your picture it will look like above (I have taken pictures of my work on this blog to help you which is what you see above).  
If you click on your picture, it will turn blue and you will see choices below your picture.  You may choose to add a caption, change the size of your picture and choose where to position it on your page. On my blogs I often will choose a medium picture (which is the default size you see on this page), but I will move it to the left so that I can type to the right of my pictures.  This is all personal preference and there is no right or wrong way of doing it.

ADDING LINKS
Creating links is very easy in blogger, this is how you do it.  
While you are typing there may be a WORD that you want to use as a link. (I am going to use the word, "WORD".  Start by highlighting the WORD that will be your link.

Once it is highlighted (as seen above), click on the underlined word "Link" above next to your picture icon.  You will see this:
Then all you need to do is type the address you would like linked in the box provided.  I have created a link from the word "WORD" above to a website I like at www.wordle.net.  When you are done entering your link just click "OK".

Play with this page! You can change the color, add bullets, and of course SPELL CHECK! You may also add movies using the icon of the "Director's cut clipboard" above.  Be warned that the videos you post using this method can not be very long which his why I use another way which I will show you in my next post.

GOOD LUCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment