Friday, July 27, 2012

Adding Movies and Slide Shows

You can add movies from YouTube and Slide Shows (from Smilebox) to your blogs and it is easier than you think!  If you are unfamiliar with Smilebox, it is FREE and the website is pretty self explanatory.  You can find the website for Smilebox by clicking HERE.

The first thing you will need is the YouTube video or the Slide Show that you would like to post on your blog.  As an example I am including a cute video I took of my son's first bus ride.

First you need to find the movie that you would like to share.
Click on the share button and a box will show up below the movie.  Since you don't see the orange blogger icon, click "more" and then choose 'blogger.  A new window will show up that will look like a post of your movie.  If you want a post with JUST your movie, you are all set!  If you would like to put the movie somewhere in your post you will need to do the following.

When you clicked on the blogger window to share it looked like this:

To add it to your blog,  you will need to be working on the HTML code with both the movie and on your blog.  If you are wondering what the heck is she talking about, I am going to walk you through it now.

From the screen shown above you will need to go from the "Compose" button to the "Edit HTML" button. When you do that the picture of your movie will disappear and it will look like this:

You will need to copy this code (like you have others) by highlighting it and copying it (using "control c" or "command c" depending on your computer).

Once your code is copied, go back to the page where you are composing. You will need to change this page from the "Compose" mode (where everything looks normal), to the "HTML" mode where everything will be written in code.  Once you are there, paste in the code you copied from your You Tube Video or Smilebox.

I have pasted my code at the very bottom of all the nonsense code that makes no sense to me.  I simply scrolled down as far as I could, hit return and pasted my YouTube code (using control/command v). Then you simply go back to "Compose" and everything should look normal again and you should see a picture of your movie (or slide show).

And for your viewing pleasure, I am keeping the video I used for this post.  If you are a teacher, I think you will enjoy it (though I think anyone would enjoy it). A direct link to the video can be found by clicking HERE.




GOOD LUCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment